The shortlists for the Videonet Connected TV Awards 2016 have been announced. The judges were impressed with the high quality of the entries and have worked hard to narrow the field to four potential winners in each category. The winners and runners-up will now be unveiled at our awards ceremony at 5:15pm on Wednesday, March 16th at the end of the Day One at the Connected TV World Summit 2016. We will also disclose which of the category winners will be given the final prize of ‘Outstanding Achievement in TV 2016’.
At the awards ceremony we will also be awarding Special Citations for ‘Beating the Ad-blockers’, ’Beating the Live Events Pirates’ and ‘Making TV More Millennial-Friendly’. Judges were asked to highlight entries they think help the television market take on these pressing challenges. The citations are not restricted to shortlisted companies.
We would like to thank everyone that entered this year and everybody who was personally involved in planning and submitting the entries. And a special thank you to our judges for their time and energy. You can see the list of judges here and at the bottom of the shortlists.
Video Technology Hero
• AirTies, Wireless Mesh Wi-Fi with Client Steering
• Ericsson, Ericsson MediaFirst cloud agnostic platform for next-generation Pay TV
• Harmonic, Harmonic Electra X advanced media processor family with graphics, branding and playout
• V-Nova, PERSEUS video processing technology.
The Data-driven TV Award
• Conviva, Intelligent Control Platform for QoE and consumer engagement management
• Freesat & TVbeat, audience measurement solution to analyse real-time viewing data from Freesat consumers
• Sky Media, Sky AdVance platform for connecting advertising campaigns across TV and online
• ThinkAnalytics, Recommendation Engine for search and personalised recommendations in live and VOD.
Best TV/Video Service Update or Launch
• Eurosport, Eurosport Player re-launch including second screen complements for live coverage
• FreeCast, FreeCast content discovery engine, bringing online media into an aggregated interactive guide
• Netgem, My TV for personalising TV and making live and recorded content available on multiscreen devices
• TVPlayer, TVPlayer Plus, the 25 channel entry-level Pay TV streaming service with Turner, UKTV etc.
Contribution to User Experience
• Accedo, Accedo VIA GO ready-to-deploy suite of applications and experiences for OTT services
• NAGRA, intuiTV all-in-one-place television experience that blends live Pay TV, films and streaming services
• Netgem, The Companion Screen for programme information and social interaction and fast ‘skip back’
• Sky Media, Sky AdSmart for a proven reduction in channel switching when advertisements are targeted.
The Big Immersive TV Prize
• Ericsson, Research into HDR in HD/UHD broadcast chain and HDR proof-of-concept with Intelsat
• Mediamelon, QBR technology for streaming video, reducing bandwidth requirements and video artifacts
• NAGRA, Direct-to-TV Security, enabling 4K television sets to meet MovieLabs security requirements
• NAGRA, intuiTV all-in-one-place television experience that blends live Pay TV, films and streaming services.
• Channel 4, targeted online advertising with programmatic trading
• Dish Media Sales, world first programmatic real-time auctions for broadcast linear TV
• Sky Media, Sky AdSmart household-level addressable TV advertising system for linear TV
• Sky Media, Sky AdVance platform for connecting advertising campaigns across TV and online.
[The advertising category has its own judging panel. In this category, Videonet compiled a ‘long-list’ of submissions that the judges then voted on.]
If you are Shortlisted and would like to send a team of people to the ceremony then please email [email protected] with the names, job titles and email addresses of your attendees. The ceremony starts at 5:15pm on March 16th at King Place, London. You can send up to five people from your organisation and we ask you to arrive by 5pm to make sure you are seated and ready for the ceremony.
You are very welcome to attend the networking drinks that will immediately follow the awards ceremony.
If you are shortlisted and you are concerned you cannot attend the ceremony, please let us know asap. Any other questions about the awards or the ceremony, please feel free to contact us